|Country||Number of requests||Percentage of requests where some or all information was produced||Number of sites specified|
Here are a few recent examples of requests for user information that we received from government sources. We did not provide information in response to any of these requests.
- A police officer requested information in order to identify a user whose site allegedly caused “damage to images of political and governmental authorities in [the] state.”
- Cybercrime police requested user information relating to an investigation involving the apparent distribution of “incriminated contents via e-mail.”
- A police department requested user information and asked that we keep the request confidential, but they did not provide any valid legal process or sufficient reasoning to justify the confidentiality.
- Law enforcement requested user information related to multiple sites which they say published defamatory content “with the purpose to create unrest and breach of peace.”
- A police officer requested user information as part of an investigation into an alleged “offense against civic coexistence.”