|Country||Number of requests||Percentage of requests where some or all information was produced||Number of sites specified|
Here are a few recent examples of requests for user information that we received from government sources. We did not provide information in response to any of these requests.
- Canadian law enforcement requested a user’s information in connection with a site’s alleged defamation of a government official.
- German law enforcement requested user information relating to a criminal investigation of § 130 German Criminal Code.
- A law enforcement agency based in Mumbai requested the release of a user’s information and the removal of a site due to alleged defamation.
- Law enforcement requested information about the owner of a site that was critical of a local politician.
- Latvian law enforcement requested user information for all of the subscribers to a particular WordPress.com site.