|Country||Number of requests||Percentage of requests where some or all information was produced||Number of sites specified|
Here are a few recent examples of requests for user information that we received from government sources. We did not provide information in response to any of these requests.
- Law enforcement requested information about a site owner for allegedly engaging in public defamation and public insults.
- Law enforcement made several requests for information about various site owners for posting allegedly defamatory content.
- Law enforcement requested information about a site owner who posted “symbols and unconstitutional organizations that are forbidden in Germany.”
- The government’s Ministry of Communications and Information Technology’s Department of Information Technology’s Computer Emergency Response Team needed user information to investigate a “cyber incident” that have “a bearing on National Security.”
- Law enforcement requested user information for an investigation of copyright infringement.
- The government’s National Response Centre for Cyber Crimes’ Federal Investigation Agency requested user information for allegedly damaging someone’s “family’s repute in society and using [the site] for wrongful gains.”