|Country||Number of requests||Percentage of requests where some or all information was produced||Number of sites specified|
Here are a few recent examples of requests for user information that we received from government sources. We did not provide information in response to any of these requests.
- Law enforcement requested information about a site containing content that “discredit[ed] the reputation of Azerbaijan and its economical and political situation.”
- Law enforcement requested information about six sites because they posted “insulting and dishonorable comments against political figures in Colombia and imputing unfounded charges to people who generate business at the national level.”
- Law enforcement requested information regarding a user because it posted allegedly defamatory content.
- Law enforcement requested user information relating to an “investigation for defamation and insult to public servants.”
- Law enforcement requested user information for an investigation of defamation.
- Law enforcement requested information about a user who posted a photo that depicted Lord Shiva in Mecca, which “hurt the beliefs and feelings of the community.”
- Law enforcement requested information about a site that allegedly defamed court judges.
- Law enforcement, “doing research on a website” requested information about a site owner.