|Country||Number of requests||Percentage of requests where some or all information was produced||Number of sites specified|
Here are a few recent examples of requests for user information that we received from government sources. We did not provide information in response to any of these requests.
- The Public Prosecutor’s office requested a site owner’s data because their site contained allegedly defamatory content about a judge of a regional court.
- A Police Inspector requested information about a site that was not created by the Authority or with the Authority’s permission, about “an important Authority of the Brazilian Judicial Branch” that contained “photos, videos, and citations.”
- Law enforcement requested information about a user who blogged anonymously and critically about their unpleasant experience with law enforcement while trying to report sexual assault.
- The National Gendarmerie requested information about sites that allegedly defamed an entrepreneur, his business practices, and products.
- Law enforcement requested information about a user who created a “fake blog,” that contained allegedly defamatory content and “vulgar/obscene comments in vernacular language about the complainant.”