|Country||Number of requests||Percentage of requests where some or all information was produced||Number of sites specified|
Here are a few recent examples of requests for user information that we received from government sources. We did not provide information in response to any of these requests.
- Law enforcement requested user information in connection with an investigation of alleged defamation.
- Law enforcement sought information about a user for alleged “aggravated criminal conspiracy, extortion, slander, libel and terrorism” as well as “derogatory and dishonorable comments” regarding political figures.
- Law enforcement requested user information for the crime of “violation of electronic communications.”
- In response to a blog post that contained an accusation against a prison officer, damaging the officer’s reputation, law enforcement requested information about the site owner.
- Law enforcement requested information about a user to investigate an alleged crime, specifically “public defamation.”
- Law enforcement requested user information in connection with an investigation of “using symbols of unconstitutional organizations.”
- Law enforcement requested user information relating to a criminal investigation of a site publishing content that “supported a banned organization.”
- Law enforcement requested user information relating to a “secret enquiry with regard to national security.”
- Law enforcement requested user information for a “cyber-crime” investigation.