|Country||Court Orders||Requests from government agencies or law enforcement||Percentage of requests where content was removed||Number of sites specified|
Here are a few recent examples of takedown demands that we received:
- A government official demanded that we remove a site because it “tarnish[es] the image of the judiciary of Brazil, defaming judges, businessmen, public persons in order to harm them.”
- Law enforcement requested the takedown of a site because it contained allegedly “objectionable and defamatory” content.
- A government official requested that we remove a post for allegedly “violat[ing] the Israeli law in matters of slandering a public official, disrespect of the law system and courts, and injuring severely the right for privacy.”
- We received 72 orders from the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (Roskomnadzor) for content that was deemed to be in violation of Russian Federal Law 139.
- Law enforcement requested that we remove a site that published allegedly criminal content “under several categories of offenses: Unlawful threat and Molestation.”