2014: Jul 1 – Dec 31
|Country||Number of requests||Percentage of requests where some or all information was produced||Number of sites specified|
Here are a few recent examples of requests for user information that we received from government sources. We did not provide information in response to any of these requests.
- French police requested user information as part of a preliminary investigation relating to identity theft and forgery.
- Munich City PD requested user information related to the alleged violation of §§ 86, 130 of German Criminal Code.
- Law enforcement requested user information in relating to posts and comments about the Hindu Religion that were “lewd,” ”derogatory,” and “grossly offensive.”
- Law enforcement demanded information about a user who uploaded a PDF version of a book without permission.
- Law enforcement requested information relating to alleged “online harassment and character assassination.”
- Law enforcement requested information about a user who wrote an article that allegedly “damaged the reputation of a public official.”